Programma Tirocini e Volontariato ai Caraibi - Social media e Giornalismo
Pratica e sviluppa le tue capacità con i Social Media mentre sperimenti una cultura straniera. Lo scopo di questo progetto multi-media sociale è quello di promuovere la missione fondamentale della Fundacion Aldeas de Paz. Attraverso i mezzi multimediali sociali, i contenuti pubblicati, i media locali e i canali multimediali online, potrai contribuire a promuovere la missione della Fondazione Aldeas de Paz.
Produrrai video, documentari e contenuti radiotelevisivi. In passato i volontari hanno prodotto immagini cinematografiche animate, video registrati, lavorato sulla fotografia, condotto interviste e aggiornato le piattaforme di social media.
Practice and further develop your Social Media skills while experiencing a foreign culture! The purpose of this Social Multi-Media project is to promote the foundation´s mission which is primarily to raise awareness of the rights of all children in Samaná. Through Social Multi-Media means, content published through local media and online social media channels you will be promoting our causes. This program aims to address parenting issues and child welfare through educational videos and social media publication. You will produce short videos, documentaries and radio/television broadcasting content. In the past our volunteers have produced animated motion pictures, recorded videos, worked on photography, conducted interviews, and updated our social media platforms. Even though project topics are provided, volunteers are encouraged to come up with their own ideas. Part of the work consists in keeping track of the foundation´s work with the children and documenting our program activities (e.g., taking & editing pictures and videos and editing content).
Activities can include but are not limited to:
Take photographs and/or video documentation and report, interview, write and produce graphic and text content. Edit and publish through online social media, the webpage, blog and online through local media channels:
- Connect people emotionally to the passion of parenting and children rights through artistic, creative and educational Multi-Media content
- Bring attention to the challenges faced by children and adolescents, parents, schools and the community through Social Multi-Media content
- Assist with Community manager’s role to put together a content schedule for Social Media pages
- Write blog posts, articles, newsletters and other communication materials. Materials can include a mix of media such as written content, videos, images and podcasts
- Assist finding volunteer communities online and engage with them in a positive way that drives the charity strategy and positioning
- Assist populate pages with interesting content that the volunteer segment will respond to positively
- Help respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a vibrant community and add value to the user’s experience
- Assist with expanding our online presence improving functionality and SEO for our webpage and social media communication
- Help create, manage and grow the charity’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook and other strategically relevant online properties
- Take photographs and/or video documentation and report, interview, write and edit content related to our social programs and foundations activities
- Build solid relationships with interviewee and other participants
- Coordinate with service operators, radio and TV stations for public awareness interventions related to various topics around children rights, education and health
- Improve relations between field related NGOs, institutions and facilitate networking
- Assist to improve social media content management, setting up new systems
- Audio/Video editing, art direction, layout, design and on-line publications, journalism for project awareness
- Pre and post production tasks for documentary, website and social media communication
- Assist working with our children for 1-3 hours a week to stay up to aware of the foundations´ main function
We expect our volunteers and interns to dedicate a minimum of four hours/ four days per week and a maximum of eight hours/ five days per week working in their respective programs. Volunteers/interns usually come by themselves or with their partner to our foundation. Volunteers/interns under 18 need to bring a written permission from their parents or guardians. We welcome individual volunteers, families and groups regardless of age, experience or background. You don't have to speak fluent Spanish; we provide free Spanish classes on a regular base, full support and 24/7 back up.
Aldeas de Paz is open to working with MultiMedia volunteers even after they have left the foundation. It is possible for volunteers to continue contributing to the foundation as a virtual volunteer after returning home.
This program is suitable for students with free holiday time, pre-university students, students taking or planning to take any Multi Media related studies, Marketing or Journalism as well as professionals. Some previous experience with Social Multi-Media, basic understanding of DSLR cameras and familiarity with editing software (including Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro) as well as social media management experience are very helpful. All that is necessary is enthusiasm, self-reliance, patience and an open mind. However, volunteers with advanced experience are strongly encouraged to apply. You don't have to speak fluent Spanish; we provide free Spanish classes on a regular basis, full support and 24/7 back up. If you speak English and only little Spanish you can still do a lot. However, conversational Spanish skills will enrich your experience. An ideal volunteer will have a curious personality, and a keen interest in photography, writing, and other forms of creative multimedia such as online, video and documentary making, social media, culture and learning new languages. The foundation has a DSLR camera and PC with video and photo editing software installed. We require volunteers to bring their own laptop and encourage them to bring their own equipment to supplement what we are able to provide.
A minimum time commitment of 4 weeks is required
Volunteer placement or internship
This program can be booked as a volunteer placement or as an internship. Please let us know your school or universities internship requirements and we will work out your personalized work plan.
Costs & Benefits
Aldeas de Paz works hard to keep the required financial contribution to an absolute minimum and to offer financial transparency by practicing an open book policy. The calculation of your minimum donation is set up so that the longer you stay the less you give per week. We do this to encourage longer stays, recognizing that longer stays lead to more significant volunteer work and more energy contributed in the form of donated time in place of money! The minimum contribution starts at € 100 per week including double room accommodation at our Aldeas de Paz Guesthouse. For single room add € 20 per week, for fully equipped studio apartment add € 25 per week to the rate. Minimum donation for the Host Family stay is € 180 per week and includes a private bedroom and two meals (breakfast and lunch).
Spanish Language immersion classes - Volunteers or Interns receive 6 free language lessons every week. Classes focus on developing communication skills so that students are able to put their knowledge to practical use as soon as they step outside the classroom. Our teaching method enables students to develop four basic skills: listening comprehension, speaking, reading and writing. The idea is to learn Spanish in a natural and spontaneous way, just as students have learned their mother tongue. Our students speak Spanish right from the very first day, using it in typical real-life situations: the basic syllabus is supplemented by special exercises, such as role-play, situational dialogues and work projects. Outside the classroom the learning process continues as you are immersed in the Spanish language and culture.